You are here
Appnovation is one of the world’s leading Open Source Solution Providers. Headquartered in Vancouver B.C. with offices in Atlanta, GA and London UK, the Appnovation team specializes in developing websites, enterprise content management systems, systems integration and cross-platform mobile/web applications using such leading open source technologies as Drupal, Alfresco,Mulesoft, SproutCore and Ember.js. Appnovation also works very closely with cloud infrastructure companies like Google and Amazon.
Appnovation boasts clients from around the world coming from a variety of verticals such as media and publishing, technology, government, financial services,pharma, and healthcare. Notably, Appnovation is the only company in the world that has achieved the highest level of Partner Status with both Acquia and Alfresco, and recently the company was awarded 2012 Solution of the Year by Alfresco for its Canopy Initiative that focuses on integrating and enabling open source technologies in the enterprise environment.
With a passionate focus on innovation and a positive atmosphere of delivery, Appnovation is known for creating exceptional, open source-based solutions for its customers while having a great time throughout the process.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Release Engineer you will be responsible for server environments, software development tools, builds and releases across our project portfolio. You will design and develop build scripts, deployment procedures, as well as manage, integrate, and enhance source code control and issue tracking systems. You will work closely with both quality assurance and development teams to automate internal processes and increase efficiency.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Maintenance and enhancement of source control and issue tracking systems. Experience and working knowledge of GitHub, GitLab, and AWS. Knowledge of Acquia and Alfresco environments considered a plus
- Management of source code, build and deployment management in development and test environments
- Software delivery including software packaging
- Manage tool selection for release activities
- Automate deployment of development and test environments
- Collect, analyze, and report build-related metrics and uses these metrics to identify areas for process improvement and work with engineers to implement improvements.
- Participate in the development and usage of post-build automated regression tests
- Manage and maintain development tools
- Acquire, configure and deploy server environments in support of the SDLC and production
- Own and champion release management methodologies and processes that function equally well in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- Implement release processes for Drupal, Alfresco, Sproutcore, Mulesoft and Hadoop software and technologies.
- Enhance standards across portfolios in a services environment
- Ensure a deadline driven release and customer facing mentality
Who You Are
- BSc. or MSc. degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area
- Expert with source control systems (Subversion), including demonstrable experience with branching, merging, and tagging
- In-depth familiarity with build tools (ANT, Maven)
- Experience with scripting languages
- 4+ years of managing software build and release engineering and / or software configuration management experience
- An understanding of open-source software distribution packaging (example: configure scripts) considered a plus
- Highly meticulous, detail oriented, flexible
Why Consider Joining The Appnovation Team?
- Casual and open work environment
- Rocketing growth - yours and ours! As an Appnovator, your opportunity to grow your career is limited only by you
- Innovation Incubator – we passionately pursue new technologies
- Work with diverse and highly engaging project teams and client base
- Our office has pool and ping pong tables, a PS3, espresso machine and a fully stocked beer fridge for Friday Beer Club
- Catered lunch & learns on Fridays – who doesn’t love free food
- Competitive base salary + benefits
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies!
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.
To apply for this job opportunity, please visit www.appnovation.com/careers