Senior Alfresco Developer - Vancouver
You are here
Appnovation is one of the world’s leading Open Source Solution Providers. Headquartered in Vancouver B.C. with offices in Atlanta, GA and London UK, the Appnovation team specializes in developing websites, enterprise content management systems, systems integration and cross-platform mobile/web applications using such leading open source technologies as Drupal, Alfresco,Mulesoft, SproutCore and Ember.js. Appnovation also works very closely with cloud infrastructure companies like Google and Amazon.
Appnovation boasts clients from around the world coming from a variety of verticals such as media and publishing, technology, government, financial services,pharma, and healthcare. Notably, Appnovation is the only company in the world that has achieved the highest level of Partner Status with both Acquia and Alfresco, and recently the company was awarded 2012 Solution of the Year by Alfresco for its Canopy Initiative that focuses on integrating and enabling open source technologies in the enterprise environment.
With a passionate focus on innovation and a positive atmosphere of delivery, Appnovation is known for creating exceptional, open source-based solutions for its customers while having a great time throughout the process.
What You'll Be Doing
As a new member of our esteemed team, our Senior Alfresco Developer is responsible for Alfresco application development supporting business objectives while providing expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing. This position requires the ability to work both independently and act a part of the team mentoring junior developers as needed. More specifically, you will be asked to:
- Analyze designs and build component-based applications in a Web/internet delivery environment, including introduction of an application layer, modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration
- Work on new and existing applications along with enhancements web sites, web applications, and infrastructure
- Serve as liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- Be an expert in server-side web presentation technologies
- Perform hands-on coding, mentor’s junior developers and assists in architecting web content solutions
- As we are global professional services company, business travel is expected
Who You Are
Technical Skills Include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required, or equivalent work experience and technical training
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Alfresco Content Management
- Minimum of 3 years application server experience; e.g. IBM Websphere, Tomcat, BEA Weblogic, Apache, or JBoss
- Previous experience with a legacy conversion to Alfresco
- Familiar with the open source portal framework
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interested in business travel
Why Consider Joining The Appnovation Team?
- Casual and open work environment
- Rocketing growth - yours and ours! As an Appnovator, your opportunity to grow your career is limited only by you
- Innovation Incubator – we passionately pursue new technologies
- Work with diverse and highly engaging project teams and client base
- Competitive base salary + benefits
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.
To apply for this job opportunity, please visit www.appnovation.com/careers