You are here
Appnovation is one of the world’s leading Open Source Solution Providers. Headquartered in Vancouver B.C. with offices in Atlanta, GA and London UK, the Appnovation team specializes in developing websites, enterprise content management systems, systems integration and cross-platform mobile/web applications using such leading open source technologies as Drupal, Alfresco, Mulesoft, SproutCore and Ember.js. Appnovation also works very closely with cloud infrastructure companies like Google and Amazon.
Appnovation boasts clients from around the world coming from a variety of verticals such as media and publishing, technology, government, financial services, pharma, and healthcare. Notably, Appnovation is the only company in the world that has achieved the highest level of Partner Status with both Acquia and Alfresco, and recently the company was awarded 2012 Solution of the Year by Alfresco for its Canopy Initiative that focuses on integrating and enabling open source technologies in the enterprise environment.
With a passionate focus on innovation and a positive atmosphere of delivery, Appnovation is known for creating exceptional, open source-based solutions for its customers while having a great time throughout the process.
What You'll Be Doing
Reporting to the Technology Manager, the Senior Developer will be one of the technical gurus for the company, with an opportunity to influence the types of technologies we work with. Working on a variety of projects, the Senior Developer will be assisting in the design creation, theme development, integration, customization, and maintenance of client websites. This position requires the ability to work both independently and act a part of the team mentoring junior and intermediate developers as needed.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop custom websites using Drupal, PHP, HTML, and other languages
- Work as part of a team analyzing requirements to identify a model, design and development plan for client websites
- Supervise and mentor intermediate and junior developers
- Build new dynamic components as needed
- Develop strategies and plans for web environment architectures to support the development and evolution of web services
- Research standards and stay current on changing technologies; make recommendations on new technologies
- Research and evaluate the feasibility of use of new software products by clients and recommend the application of new technology to service various Web requirements of the department
- Assess and advise on the cost-benefit of competing approaches and the cost-savings potential of software, hardware, or other developmental activities
- Develop, communicate, and prepare project and estimates
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities, including assisting with interviews, providing training; planning, assigning, and directing work; and resolving issues and problems
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of web development experience
- 2+ years of development using the Drupal CMS
- Experience in "strongly typed" languages (e.g. Java, C, C++, C#)
- Experience with Linux/Open Source software
- Knowledge of Servers and Configuration
- Good working knowledge of systems architecture and systems administration (especially Linux)
- Experience preparing UML technical system documentation
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in computer science, engineering, or related field an asset
- Experience with the entire lifecycle of a software project, from requirements, architectural design, development and deployment
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment outside of normal working hours where required
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency to minimize errors
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Professional, reliable, and possessing a strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal, written, inter-personal communication skills
- A positive attitude and eagerness to learn are essential
- Comfortable with occasional business travel
Why Work At Appnovation?
- Casual and open work environment
- Rocketing growth - yours and ours! As an Appnovator, your opportunity to grow your career is limited only by you
- Innovation Incubator – we passionately pursue new technologies
- Work with diverse and highly engaging project teams and client base
- Our office has pool and ping pong tables, a PS3, espresso machine and a fully stocked beer fridge for Friday Beer Club
- Catered lunch & learns on Fridays – who doesn’t love free food
- Competitive base salary + benefits
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies!
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.
To apply for this job opportunity, please visit www.appnovation.com/careers