Solutions Architect - San Francisco
You are here
Appnovation is one of the world’s leading Open Source Solution Providers. Headquartered in Vancouver B.C. with offices in Atlanta, GA and London UK, the Appnovation team specializes in developing websites, enterprise content management systems, systems integration and cross-platform mobile/web applications using such leading open source technologies as Drupal, Alfresco,Mulesoft, SproutCore and Ember.js. Appnovation also works very closely with cloud infrastructure companies like Google and Amazon.
Appnovation boasts clients from around the world coming from a variety of verticals such as media and publishing, technology, government, financial services,pharma, and healthcare. Notably, Appnovation is the only company in the world that has achieved the highest level of Partner Status with both Acquia and Alfresco, and recently the company was awarded 2012 Solution of the Year by Alfresco for its Canopy Initiative that focuses on integrating and enabling open source technologies in the enterprise environment.
With a passionate focus on innovation and a positive atmosphere of delivery, Appnovation is known for creating exceptional, open source-based solutions for its customers while having a great time throughout the process.
What You'll Be Doing
We are currently looking for a Solution Architect in San Franciso. As the newest member of our Development team, you will play a key role in leading the Architecture and Design of IT Solutions and participating and advising on the implementation of these solutions to ensure successful deployment and transition to Production environments. You will be involved in business proposition and business change, as well as guiding the developers along to ensure that the right solution is developed. Excellence in customer service, along with a dedicated proactive attitude, is an essential component of this role. Our goal is to achieve a true balance between quality, customer satisfaction, efficiency, success and profitability. Responsibilities include:
- Working with clients and internal teams to help scope and design full technical solutions
- Working with sales on pre-sales client interactions as a technical expert
- Working internally to help improve and streamline technical and architectural processes
- Developing technical specifications and design documents for client and internal engagements
- General software development
- As we are global professional services company, business travel is expected
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for architectural design and a desire to move into a related role. And you are...
- Wicked Smart
- You have the ability to take business requirements and transform them into technical designs for Software Developers, Infrastructure Specialists and other technology enterprises
- You have an excellent understanding of application development, coupled with infrastructure, data and security architecture skills Experienced
- You have 7+ years of development experience, with at least 5 years of project leadership experience
- You can have an intelligent conversation about servers and configurations, multiple platform integration patterns and APIs, system integrations (e.g. CRM, SalesForce, Email), software engineering patterns , development of architectural / high level designs within defined architectural frameworks, and software engineering patterns
- You have a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and outside of normal working hours if required
- You are professional, reliable, and posses a strong work ethic
- You have excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal communication skills
- You have a post-secondary diploma or degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, which would be considered an asset
- Interested in business travel
Why Consider Joining The Appnovation Team?
- Casual and open work environment
- Rocketing growth - yours and ours! As an Appnovator, your opportunity to grow your career is limited only by you
- Innovation Incubator – we passionately pursue new technologies
- Work with diverse and highly engaging project teams and client base
- Competitive base salary + benefits
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies!
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.
To apply for this job opportunity, please visit www.appnovation.com/careers