It was a busy third quarter of 2017 with many corporate citizenship activities and achievements.
With Our Partners:
- PeaceGeeks: PeaceGeeks won the Google.org Impact Challenge Canada Award for the Services Advisor Pathways project. Appnovation donated hours to the Services Advisor prototype in 2015/2016. Info here. Five Appnovators also volunteered at three evening PeaceTalks events and in a Services Advisor emergency simulation exercise.
- Isa Mundo: Appnovation continued our work on the student application for the Volcanes Community Education Project. Info about the school is here.
- Civic Hall: Appnovation ran two workshops in New York City with Civic Hall on quality assurance and stakeholder management.
- The Managed Services and osCaddie teams are also working on finalizing an in-kind Drupal 8 project, based out of Montreal. More information will be shared when contracts are finalized.
At Our Office Locations:
- Montreal: Appnovation held MONDiversIT, our first women in tech and diversity focused event in Montreal. Blog post to come soon! Anton M. also volunteered at HTML150, a learn to code event in Montreal on a Saturday. Info here
- Vancouver: Appnovation had 6 Appnovators mentor 12 girls from York House School and Rockridge Secondary through the Technovation Challenge. Our team from Rockridge “Sugar-Coded” place first in the BC Pitch Event and are Runners Up in the 2017 Global Finals. Although they will not participate in the final round, they WILL be attending the World Pitch Summit events in San Francisco and receive a scholarship to further their education or work in business or tech. Pretty cool! Our Vancouver office also raised $140 for BC SPCA through a bubble tea fundraiser.
- Appnovation is a Community Engagement finalist in BC Tech Association’s 2017 Technology Impact Awards. Info here.
Appnovation has many upcoming activities planned including our 2nd Global Fundraiser for the WE Kanambu Clean Water project (summer) and our AppnoHolidays activities (later in the year). Regional initiatives that are currently being planned include volunteering in Saint John and Caerphilly, and TechPong and the Eastside Run in Vancouver!
If you are interested in organizing an initiative or have feedback about any Corporate Citizenship initiatives, please contact Rosemarie (firstname.lastname@example.org)