The media and entertainment business model has changed quite a bit over the last 20 years due to the incorporation of new technology. The incorporation of new technology has created new business needs - individuality over mass-media consumption - rendering a new business model which is no longer broadcast-based. It is necessary to consider the consumer's needs regarding media consumption and therefore, the customization process: interaction, sharing, proactivity, and creativity. This is a model which has proven to be more effective than the old broadcasting one.
So which technology would support this new market and also provide the customization, flexibility, and interactivity needed? Drupal - a content management system (CMS) and content management framework (CMF) that powers websites and applicaitons - is the answer.
But why Drupal development? The benefits of Drupal to the media and entertainment industry include:
1. Content Management;
2. Customization and Social Media Interactivity;
3. Coverage and Portability; and,
1. Content Management Drupal is highly content driven, therefore enabling content management and maintenance dynamically. Drupal can attend the needs of media industry by publishing content in a very diverse and fast way while simultaneously respecting the life-cycle of content. Drupal can also support states of content development such acquisition, production, packaging, distribution, and archiving. Drupal completely supports the media business model for all phases of content management.
2. Customization and Social Media Interactivity One of the current, and high, demands of this industry is the need to engage consumers in a personalized way. It doesn't make sense to distribute content for a user that has no interest on the subject. The customization need to be provided because it's incentive for the users to interact, share, and consume. One the best advantages of Drupal is the modulation that provides a fast path to customization, and incentive for consumers to interact, share, or even create the content.
3. Coverage and Portability Drupal is engineered to provide portability in the web environment. When you use Drupal creating a responsible layout you are accommodating your site to several platforms such as mobile devices, tablets, and desktops. Besides portability, Drupal can also provide customization in different languages. The multi-lingual support is part of your model, making it easier to provide regional content translations.
4. Monetization Once the customization has an approach to supply the personalization needs of media consumers it is possible to create business models and strategies to monetize the content with: advertising, subscriptions, promotions, or one-time purchase interactions.
For reference, our portfolio features some successful Drupal sites within the media and entertainment industries:
Drupal is a fantastic tool to support the demands of the media and entertainment industry. Drupal gives the flexibility to attend individual necessities on different types of content, supporting the best solutions to help improve the entertainment business model.