Agility, speed, and scale are table stakes for all businesses today. Cloud-first strategies done right can help you achieve them.
We know this, but we also know that there is no one-size-fits-all approach. So how do you know what is right for your business?
Begin with your business objectives – map your customers’ needs against your current capabilities and future goals. You have to know where you are to get to where you want to be. Once you have your vision in place, create a roadmap suited to your business needs by keeping the below three considerations top of mind.
- Start small but start now. Build a map that distinguishes business-critical and supporting functions. Start with smaller pilots where the risk to business continuity is minimal and begin testing.
- Create a safe environment for testing. With any new venture, errors and failures are a given – success comes from learning from them. An environment that allows your teams to test, fail, and learn is critical to innovation and growth.
- Don’t forget about change management. Adopting a cloud-based approach will impact your processes and people. Be sure to create the resources and implement training plans to help your teams make the best use of the new tools available to them.
Andrew Wong, Managing Director, Client Services, APAC, joined a group of esteemed panelists at the 6th Cloud Forum to talk about this and more! Watch the recording below.
- Mr. Joseph Chan, Chief Digitalization Officer, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Mr. Alex Lee, Chief Systems Manager, Hospital Authority
- Mr. Alfian Shariffudin, Managing Director, Head of Technology and Operations, DBS Bank