Partnering with Appnovation and utilizing their Drupal Alfresco integration solution has enabled us to create a world class policy maintenance tool, along with an awesome foundation for us to create innovative ways for us to collaborate and manage documents. This is just the beginning.
Manager Application Development, Mercy Health Systems
Appnovation is the expert at Drupal Alfresco integration. The module for the Drupal Alfresco integration development version is now available for download on Drupal.org.
Recognizing a need in the marketplace to bring together Drupal, a dynamic content management system, with Alfresco, a robust back end repository for content, Appnovation created a set of tools and services to easily manage their integration.
Today, what started as integrating two leading open source technologies has now transformed into an initiative, led by Appnovation and supported by our partners, to enable open technologies in the enterprise environment. Integrating Drupal and Alfresco not only combines these two powerful platforms, but also aligns the organizations behind those technologies with each other and the goals and needs of the enterprise.
Explore in Detail
Why Drupal? Why Alfresco?
Combine the power of a rich document repository system, and a proven web content management system.
- Lightweight webserver footprint
- Highly scalable and expandable
- Ease of use for non-technical users
- Rich document repository system with out of the box features ie. Versioning, Document
- Search using a Lucene (“Google like”) document indexer
- Great records management capabilities
- Supports open standards (CMIS, Web Services, Rest APIs, webdav, CIFS, JSON, JSR 168, RSS, Atom, etc)
How Drupal & Alfresco Work Together
Communication between Alfresco and Drupal are easy and seamless.
- Content created within Alfresco can be pushed to Drupal and mapped to specific node types. This is done through the upload function using html files in the Alfresco repository.
- Content created in Drupal can also be pushed and replicated within the Alfresco repository. Webscripts grab the data and create the node from a preregistered model. Along with content, metadata is replicated across the two systems.
- Communication between Alfresco and Drupal are done using a custom RESTful API using JSON.
- Data is replicated across both systems and each platform functions as intended out of the box.
- Also integration using CMIS.
Why integrate Drupal & Alfresco?
Drupal as the front-end provides Alfresco with a highly flexible presentation layer, and Alfresco compliments Drupal by providing a feature rich UI for managing web assets.
- Drupal as the front-end provides Alfresco with a highly flexible presentation layer that can be used to build websites that would be more or less impossible with Alfresco alone.
- Alfresco compliments Drupal by providing a feature rich UI for managing web assets, as well as providing full document and knowledge management for entire organizations.
- There are many options in terms of scaling the application, for example you can have a low end Alfresco implementation combined with a high scale large volume Drupal front-end.
- Simple JSON REST API integrates easily into both Alfresco and Drupal.
Working with Appnovation
We help brands understand the role digital can play in realizing strategic opportunities and solving real world business problems, always keeping the focus on the customer's experience and the results generated.
The base module for Drupal MuleSoft integration development version is now available on Drupal.org. If you have Drupal & MuleSoft, why not get them working together?
Appnovation is the expert at Drupal Alfresco integration, and can easily integrate other open technologies into the enterprise environment.
Complete project visibility from day one, working with you, and for you. Using email, phone, chat, Skype, and Google Hangout for clear, constant communication.
We are constantly engaging with you during the project and at the end we survey you to ask you how we did, the results of which go directly to our CEO.
Why Customers Choose Us For Drupal Alfresco Integration:
- Agile development methodology for Drupal Alfresco integration projects
- Collaborative, transparent and communicative client-focused approach
- Competitive rates for systems integrators, developers & architects
- Cross-functional team of 300+ experts in global offices
- Experts at integrating open source, commercial & proprietary systems
- Partner Supported, Acquia, Alfresco MuleSoft & Google all on board
- Proven track record of successful project delivery
- Rigorous quality assurance (QA) testing before “Go-Live” events
Thinking about integrating Alfresco and Drupal OR interested in Appnovation's osCaddie? We are the experts at Drupal/Alfresco, other open technologies and integrating them into the enterprise environment. If you and your organization are looking to get the very most out of their Drupal and Alfresco instances or are interesting in exploring other open technology integration solutions then contact us today to learn more.