Drupal Alfresco Integration
"Partnering with Appnovation and utilizing their Drupal Alfresco integration solution has enabled us to create a world class policy maintenance tool, along with an awesome foundation for us to create innovative ways for us to collaborate and manage documents. This is just the beginning."
Appnovation is the expert at Drupal Alfresco integration. The module for the Drupal Alfresco integration development version is now available for download on Drupal.org.
- Lightweight webserver footprint
- Highly scalable and expandable
- Ease of use for non-technical users
- Rich document repository system with out of the box features ie. Versioning, Document
- Search using a Lucene (“Google like”) document indexer
- Great records management capabilities
- Supports open standards (CMIS, Web Services, Rest APIs, webdav, CIFS, JSON, JSR 168, RSS, Atom, etc)
- Content created within Alfresco can be pushed to Drupal and mapped to specific node types. This is done through the upload function using html files in the Alfresco repository.
- Content created in Drupal can also be pushed and replicated within the Alfresco repository. Webscripts grab the data and create the node from a preregistered model. Along with content, metadata is replicated across the two systems.
- Communication between Alfresco and Drupal are done using a custom RESTful API using JSON.
- Data is replicated across both systems and each platform functions as intended out of the box.
- Also integration using CMIS.
- Drupal as the front-end provides Alfresco with a highly flexible presentation layer that can be used to build websites that would be more or less impossible with Alfresco alone.
- Alfresco compliments Drupal by providing a feature rich UI for managing web assets, as well as providing full document and knowledge management for entire organizations.
- There are many options in terms of scaling the application, for example you can have a low end Alfresco implementation combined with a high scale large volume Drupal front-end.
- Simple JSON REST API integrates easily into both Alfresco and Drupal.
Thinking about integrating Alfresco and Drupal OR interested in Appnovation's osCaddie? We are the experts at Drupal/Alfresco, other open technologies and integrating them into the enterprise environment. If you and your organization are looking to get the very most out of their Drupal and Alfresco instances or are interesting in exploring other open technology integration solutions then contact us today to learn more.